Saturday, May 12, 2007

Blog Drive-Byes and some Appreciation

As my readers know I suffered a computer melt down which quite overtaxed my 1 brain cell in rebuilding the applications. I lost the write up I was preparing on self-hypnosis and will rebuild it this weekend for posting. I also ran into problems getting back into MyBlogLog as I forgot my password. I sent off a panic note to Robyn Tippins of the MyBlogLog squad and then remembered it (10 min later) and sent another note to Robyn who was already responding to me. So thank you for your quick response Robyn.

Mimi Lenox who I spoke about on a previous Violence and Peace post also has a hilarious site called Profile of the Day which is about humorous statements picked from dating sites and actual personal ads. Every Saturday she holds a Comeback Challenge which I would love to see answers from Ed at  The Pisstakers , Sandee at  Comedy Plus and Bee at Muffin 53.

Jennifer from The Art of Intimacy has a good post I feel Loved When that presents an interesting way to help nurture a relationship.

Marielyn at TinySigns a blog on programming CSS is running an experiment with Technorati and being a new blog could use a little boost from the community.

Darren Rowse from Problogger had a group writer contest last week which generated  893 entries including mine Top 5 Self-Help Myths. Two bloggers picked mine to add to their personal selection for their readers so I would like to thank:

Bill from Fitness health and Diet Tips for including me in his top 5 fitness list.

Maile from Breath by Breath a blog on learning to be happy and who also had an interesting entry titled 5 Ways Criminal Thinking Can Make You Happy.

 

14 conversations:

Anonymous said...

you have been invited to ride the Alexa train. come see

S. Camille said...

I really enjoyed the site Breath by Breath Peter. Thank you!

Camille

Peter Haslam said...

I will take a look Bobby and yes Camille I enjoyed it too

bizwhiz said...

Can understand how you feel. The last time I lost my data, I was totally devastated. Did you manage to find out the cause?

“We have to be careful not to depend on our machines.” ... Michael Bloomberg

Peter Haslam said...

The cause was a Microsoft driver conflict bizwiz

Mimi Lenox said...

Thanks for the mention, Peter and yes, I would love for those folks to join the competition.

I'm seeing lots of new refreshing faces in the blogosphere. It is a great feeling to encourage and support each other! Blog on....blog on....

Sandee said...

Peter - Thanks for the shout-out again. You are tops!

Did you have a complete crash? Glad you are back on line and I'll go check out the writing contest. Have a great day Peter :) Best regards to Cleo!

Peter Haslam said...

Can't wait for your answers Sandee :)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

peter, i have submitted entries to mimi before but never won! ha ha ha mimi is a peach and i love her!

smiles, bee

Peter Haslam said...

Neither have I Bee

Anonymous said...

Hey crash victim, hope you are out of the woods now with your computer.

I called by to Mimi's blog and had a go.

Till the morrow

Ed

Peter Haslam said...

Have check out mimi's site Ed

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the link. I'm really enjoying reading your blog; so glad I found it!

Hope your computer troubles smooth out soon :)

Peter Haslam said...

You're welcome Maile I enjoyed your site and felt my readers would too