Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Uncertainty

We like predictable things, events and especially people. We hate being blindsided by anything because then we give our raw reaction which in a lot of cases is contrary to the image we have presented to the world and to ourselves.

The problem is that it is an image we want to present which is a construct of our imagination. It is built on what we believe that we need to obtain our desires and goals. A false premise.

Integrity and character will shine through all of our actions if what we are constructing is of benefit to the people we are acting with rather than using people. Then there is never uncertainty in our actions and relationships. Everyone benefits.

Trying to make things predictable is impossible when it comes to events and people and we could save a lot of frustration and false starts by maintaining a good perspective. Then we can share a laugh with others when things fall through the cracks.

Your thoughts?

Technorati tags: , ,

2 conversations:

Sandee said...

I have learned to do this much better as I have aged. When I was younger this was a very difficult thing for me. While working it was too, but as I aged I just dusted myself off and moved on. Age did it for me. :)

Peter Haslam said...

As it does with all of us Sandee :)