Friday, September 14, 2007

Sometimes This Sometimes That

Who am I is a question that echo's throughout the ages into the present day. It is like trying to nail jello to a plank; it just makes a mess.

We try to think and speak in terms of absolutes. I am this. Then what about that? I am spirit. Then what about form? I am life. Then what about death?

Is it because we fear death that we need to know our life is spent in the proper way so that we will be judged accordingly. No one truly knows through personal experience unless we acknowledge those who speak of reincarnation.

We are as we act. Can we any less or any more?

All I know is that I am sometimes this and sometimes that and it is enough for me to try and live as fully as I can in the present moment without absolutes and leaving the judging to others.

Your thoughts?

Technorati tags: ,

8 conversations:

Unknown said...

As long as we live with integrity and without hurting others it doesn't matter...

Peter Haslam said...

good add Random Magus

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i try, i really do... sigh.

smiles, bee

Peter Haslam said...

I sigh along with you Bee as I continue to try :)

jc said...

Ohhh I spent a lot of years trying to figure it all out... today I am content to just do what I can to live to my highest good (not that I always succeed mind you), but somehow, regardless of what I am, the bottom line is... we are here for this moment.

Nice Peter... as always!

Jen

Peter Haslam said...

Success is only temporary intent is allways Jen

Sandee said...

We are here but wisp of time. I do my best as well, but usually fall short. To err is human and all that. Great food for thought here Peter. :)

Peter Haslam said...

So do I Sandee the effort is important :)