Monday, September 24, 2007

Reincarnation

I was asked the question of whether I believed in reincarnation. I then asked if they meant the Christian sense of reborn in Heaven or Hell, the Buddhist sense of rebirth in the realms of existence, the Muslim sense of paradise, the Hindu sense of earthly realms until they cease to desire  and then reside in the infinite ocean of divinity, and so on.

They replied whatever.

I responded by saying that being reborn is no less surprising than being born once and that I had to wait to find out that answer. However, I said that in all cases, that how and when I would be reborn was dependent on how I lived my life right now.

What I do from moment to moment determines everything.

Your thoughts?

Technorati tags: ,

4 conversations:

Sandee said...

This is a tough one Peter. I do believe that there is more than the short time we are here. What that is I'm not sure. I've been places that were new to me and knew I'd been there before. Moving around in a very, very old building that I knew every nook and cranny. I know there is more, but not sure about the path to reincarnation.

I believe that being the best person you can be may allow you to be reincarnated into something more pleasing than being an evil person. Like the evil become the hunted in their next life. Things like that. I've often thought about this, but it's a very difficult question. Religion has not been a factor in my belief of reincarnation however. Have a great evening my friend. :)

Peter Haslam said...

Thanks for sharing Sandee :)

Jennifer Jones said...

Hi Peter...

For now, I embrace the belief that it just doesn't matter... (smile).

So long as I do the best I can in this life, whatever comes next, or nothing at all, will be fine!

:-)

JJ

Peter Haslam said...

awareness of what we don't know and accepting that removes the fear it holds over us - judgement good addition jennifer :)