Friday, August 10, 2007

Dream Big continued

To start it is one where after thinking about it we go; yeah right and a pig could fly and then we laugh at ourselves. But it is a dream that seizes hold of us and won't let go. It brings a smile to our face when we think of what it would mean to us and others. It is something worthwhile and worth doing. It makes a contribution to us and others.

A reader asked yesterday can a dream be too big. I answered:

No you can't magician. What is a lifetime if you are working to bring your dream into being and perhaps you will draw others to the dream. A dream doesn't know the how just the direction. It is the legacy you leave for others. Is there a better one?

A dream may take lifetimes to complete and we are the creator and we know we don't own it. We want others to contribute and share in it. Great things result from a simple idea and that simple idea creates the future.

If the dream is big enough and brings happiness to others as well as to ourselves then the how will take care of itself. Seems to be worth the risk of doubters and struggle.

Do you have a big dream that guides your life?

Technorati tags: ,

9 conversations:

Diane Dehler said...

"Life is a dream, dreaming me."

Hi Peter,
I stopped by and was happy to encounter one of my favorite topics. For years I attempted to understand my dreams and now I understand that I am the dream. It took awhile and too many books to figure this out. :)

I am always happy to have a visit from you and leaving a small magenta flower....

Peter Haslam said...

I love how you can in a single sentence get to the essence. Great contribution Princess Haiku. I enjoy visiting you and getting refreshed :)

Anonymous said...

I presently becoming more intrigued by the notion of how we 'categorise'. So, we are awake or asleep, dream not dreaming, physical or spiritual. My thoughts are wrestling with the idea of 'both / and' in these cases. Our meta-reality is that we are both at the same time and simply become conscious of the mode we are in at the time. A day -dream for example might be a way of priming our sub-conscious for dreaming and dreaming might be a way of priming our conscious for doing in a sort or recursive loop. Dreams of either category are therefore an essential aspect of our existing...I think... maybe I just dreamt this up ?

Peter Haslam said...

Resonable Robinson does it matter which is true as essentially both are an illusion brought about by the right circumstances. Your choice.

ndpthepoetress Jean Michelle Culp said...

Hello Peter, time has at last allowed me the enjoyment of catching up on all your wonderful intellectual posts. Now I come to another such, "Dream Big" and I can't help but wonder; what is your big dream Peter?

Peter Haslam said...

To help others where i can to become discoverers of the meaning of life rather than learners. Has meaning to me Jeane Michelle Culp :)

Sandee said...

To dream or not to dream. I'm on the slow today, so nothing earth shattering is coming to mind. Maybe I too just dreamed this post? :)

Peter Haslam said...

From what you have told me Sandee you have accomplished your dream and are now enjoying it :)

Anonymous said...

yup i have a big dream that helping me moves everyday and give me energy.its good to have a big dream! i hope i can get it someday