Saturday, July 28, 2007

Thirty Seconds a Day

There is a simple remedy to help us have a great life. It costs nothing but the discipline to do it everyday. It is painless and guaranteed to work if we choose to use it.

Every morning before we wash our hands, face, or shower to start the day; take 30 seconds and smile at ourselves in the mirror. If we can't smile naturally then help it along by using our fingers and pushing up on each side of our mouth.

This will certainly bring a smile or laugh when we see ourselves in the mirror. It will be impossible to feel down or depressed when we smile.

By the way we can smile for longer than 30 seconds if we want to. Can you think of any better way to start every day.

To simple?

Technorati tags: ,

4 conversations:

Samantha & Mom said...

That is a great idea!! After reading this I realized that I hardly ever look directly at myself in the mirror. I look at my teeth, my hair, my clothes , etc. but never directly at ME!! I'm going to post a note next to my mirror (to remind my forgetful self) and smile at myself everyday. Isn't there a saying about SMILE and the world smiles with you!!
Thanks,
Samantha & Tigger's Mom

Peter Haslam said...

Cleo has been trying to get me to do this for years and finally succeeded

Sandee said...

That's a good way. Tell Cleo that she did good. :)

Peter Haslam said...

I will Sandee :)