Monday, July 9, 2007

Having No Plan

Our plan blows up in our face and we come out a situation that didn't go well at all and we are exhausted in spirit. We don't have a plan any longer and right now we just don't have the confidence to create a new direction for ourselves.

Or we just can't seem to create a plan we can commit to and end up trusting to the luck of being in the right place at the right time for the right opportunity.

In either case we can end up drifting and barely reacting to what is going on in our life. We let the winds of life blow us from one temporary harbor to another temporary harbor. Nothing really matters because there is no guide to measure our progress against or our lack of progress to tell us we need to change.

We are really resigned to whatever fate has decided to hand out to us and we won't try anything new because we don't know where we want to go to.

No way you say. Not me.

Do you have a plan for your life?

Technorati tags: , ,

8 conversations:

A Friend said...

During a particularly difficult time in my life, despite my dislike of self pity, I made the statement "I don't think I can do this."
My then 9 year old daughter said, "You don't really have a choice."
How true that was. Thankfully I listened to her.
Great post. I enjoy your insights.

Peter Haslam said...

I really enjoyed your input A Friend and I believe others will as well

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

do i have a plan for (the rest of) my life? you bet i do and it's lots of fun!

smiles, bee

Peter Haslam said...

Good for you Bee and I enjoy reading about your adventures Thanks

Sandee said...

The serious work is behind me and now Zane and I do what we want to do when we want to do it. We both have plans and always have. We have budget plans, travel plans, things to do plans. None of them are very serious plans...except for those things that allow us to do what we currently do. Those are tended to often to ensure the richest return.

I'm with Bee...You bet I do and it's lots of fun. Have a great evening my friend. :)

Peter Haslam said...

That is good to hear Sandee :)

Becca G said...

I've been in the exact spot that you've described. For me, it accompanies depression. Those are the times when I have to step outside of myself- and sometimes it takes awhile. It can be very difficult to do, but it's worth it to discover what I want next in life.

Peter Haslam said...

Agree Wonder Woman I've been there also. It takes time and perserverence but worth it