Monday, April 16, 2007

Who Do You Write For

On my sidebar I have put the Thinking blog badge that Comedy Plus and Camille awarded me. It comes with the right to brag about your blog but when I was thinking about it; I found it was not the award that tickled me pink; but, the thought of the friends that I have found through this blog. It is like I just got a warm hug. No words but I have that feeling.

I often drive-bye their blogs keeping myself up to date with what's happening, to share some laughter, quiet enjoyment or contemplation that their posts generate. I realized that when I started writing I was wanting to share some thoughts in the hope that it would be of some benefit. But I wasn't writing to anyone in particular and my writing showed it.

Then as I slowly got involved through comments and reading I find it has changed my writing in a very positive way. Now when I write a post I think about my friends and start a mental conversation with one or sometimes all my friends as if they are in the room with me. I don't write it for them but with them.

So instead of bragging about my blog; I want to say thank you to my friends and friends to be for stopping by for coffee and conversation. Without you; all you would find would be the words but not the meaning, the heart, and the viewpoints that you share and enrich my life with.

So who do I write for?

I simply write our conversations.

The award is available to anyone who is caused to think. To put it on your blog all you have to do is a post on what makes you think. That's it.

13 conversations:

S. Camille said...

Very nice Peter. I'm glad you received the hug I sent. Your writing and intention has evolved and I like where it's going and gone.
Thank you.
Camille

Peter Haslam said...

Thanks Camille and returned :)

Sandee said...

Peter, And a two time winner of the award as well. I'm with Camille - the hug came with the award. You are an inspiration and I know that I am a relative newcomer, but I show up everyday. It is a very safe place to visit and share meaningful conversation among friends.

Peter Haslam said...

Thank you Comedy Plus I am almost blushing but appreciative of your comment

Carol said...

Peter,
You certainly are developing a nice relationship with your readers. It is good to see that someone cares and is responsible in their writing. Keep up the good Karma.

Peter Haslam said...

I return the compliment Carol i think we all grow through our association.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

who do i write for? myself. pure and simple. then if i like it, it might be good enough to hit the publish button. hopefully it will be. and that's about it!

smiles, bee

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh, and i almost forgot! thanks for turning off the dreaded word verification!

big smiles, bee

Peter Haslam said...

And it is Bee. keeps me coming back

Sandee said...

Peter, today you seem to be surrounded by women. Don't let Cleo get jealous now. Just a little humor there, you know I can't help myself :)

Have a great rest of the day. I'm signing off for the day...See you tomorrow for the next chapter.

Peter Haslam said...

Yep. I got the flip of the tail and the cold shoulder. Don't figure :)
see you tomorrow Comedy Plus

Unknown said...

I decided today that I write for myself. If anyone finds it interesting that is a plus.

The other part of that is that I will write for other folks, as a professional writer.

Peter Haslam said...

A very good distinction digital nomad