Sunday, April 29, 2007

One Day of Silence











I am doing two things today in this post. First I am honoring the memory of all victims of violence where ever they are. I also honor the pain and suffering of all those families grieving for for the loss of someone held dear in their hearts. Senseless violence is just that; it makes no sense.

But remaining silent on the subject is just not right if we are going to find a solution to the problem. I don't have a solution to violence but we need our voices to be heard saying we have had enough and we want a start to actively finding workable solutions. We have somehow gotten desensitized to this problem. We read about it in the paper and watch it on TV and there is no longer any sense of outrage, anger or even a loud cry to do something about it.

It is time to end the silence.

I end this post today with a link to Carson Brackney who writes so much more eloquently about this than I do.

7 conversations:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I'll be posting myself on this after midnight.

I stumbled across your site from another listing you as part of the Technorati favs exchange.

I've already added you to my favs.

My username is fastfastlane, and link to my fav is
http://technorati.com/faves?sub=addfavbtn&add=http://www.fastlanetransport.ca/blog

Cheers!

Peter Haslam said...

Thank you Deborah

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

nice. thanks...

smiles, bee

Peter Haslam said...

Hey Bee my pleasure
Thanks Vin

Anonymous said...

A cool sentiment and if you think about the numbers game, if there are 71 million blogs, that is a lot of readership getting a message. Hope there are some actions to follow.

Peter Haslam said...

So do I Ed so do I

Anonymous said...

This was a different post and I think this was the first time I have come across something like this.

Silence I think at times make the most noise.