You read articles about how you need to create a vision that resonates with you; but, I often feel that the processes they use are too vague or too complex. I like simplifying things so that I am clear on what result I want. Today I am going to share one of the methods I used to create and then check on my progress towards my vision. I do this once every 3 months.
You need to do this in steps to maximize effectiveness. Use point form, numbered list or statements. What ever you feel comfortable with.
- Write your obituary (A final summation of our lives that, for most of us, occupies about three inches of space in what will shortly become cage liner for your neighbor's parakeet.) as your best friend would write it.
- Write your obituary as your significant other (or family member)would write it.
- Write your obituary as your worse enemy would write it.
- Now write what you want your obituary to say.
- Condense step 4 into a statement of your vision.
- Check back in 3 months.
It wouldn't be fair if I didn't tell you what I want mine to say.
will be missed