Thursday, March 29, 2007

Meaningful Goals

This post was triggered when Ponn Sabra from Empower Women Now tagged me here with Alex Shalman’s Gotta Get Goals meme are here.

When looking at how I would respond to this meme my first reaction was to list a set that anyone reading would say I have got it together. That would be a cop out. I think that I worry too much about having long term goals because I find that as I start down the road to accomplishing a goal; it changes. Every new step gives me a new perspective and a reevaluation of the next step to take. So what I am going to list is the results that will be meaningful to me for existing and having the opportunity to live now.

  1. To have lived my life in a way that will bring everyone I come into contact with a little happier for having met me.
  2. To be missed by a least 1 person when I go.
  3. To have seized every opportunity I can to make the world a better place.
  4. To have laughed often and shared that laughter.
  5. To see again the universe with the eyes of a child.

That's' it.

Now I will list some of my wants.

  1. To sail to Tahiti and discover it just like Samuel Wallis
  2. To earn enough money to become a digital nomad.
  3. To help my friends meet their goals.

I tag:

Steli from Supercool School

Thea from Wealth and Money

Divya from Blogging to Fame

Sam from Acquire Wisdom and Live With Passion

Camille from Now

Sara from Pajama Professional

Remember to check the how to details here

Technorati tags: , ,

13 conversations:

Anonymous said...

Hi Peter!
Your goals are truly meaningful!
I appreciate your wisdom greatly.
Thanks for sharing,
Ponn

Peter Haslam said...

Thank you for the comment. I also found your goals meaningful.

Diane Dehler said...

Hi Peter,
Your web site is filled with great content. I found you via Camille and am going to link you so I can come back and read your articles at a decent hour. Time for me to find the great Z in the sky. Goodnight and thanks for the inspiration to develop a better blog.

Peter Haslam said...

Princess Haiku welcome to the conversation. Please continue to make comments

Sandee said...

Bravo! This is exactly why I visit everyday.

Peter Haslam said...

Thank you comedy+. Just keep the jokes coming and add to the richness of my life.

Unknown said...

I found the sailing idea right up my alley.

Peter Haslam said...

Somehow I am not surprised digital nomad. Hope you don't get sea sick.

Unknown said...

I will have to crew, since I don't know how to sail.

Actually, I would be happy to just live on a boat while it is in port.

Unknown said...

Check out my post on this and see what you think. I decided I needed objectives, not goals.

Goals are at the end of the line. Once you reach your goal, you are done.

Thea said...

Hello Peter,
Mine will be published at http://life-wealth.blogspot.com
by end of 5 April (AWST zone).
I've started the post and still need to consider who I want to tag. :)
Thank you for the invitation Peter.
Namaste, Thea

Peter Haslam said...

Thank you Thea. I look forward to your post

pacific grove foreclosures said...

I also do worry too much about long term goals. You're absolutely right. They can change. And along the process of worrying, I tend to forget about my own and others happiness. I think what I should do is to set my long term goals, then focus on LIFE. I'll just have faith that as long as I'm happy, there's no reason why I won't reach those goals.