Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Web of Lies

We all I think have a tendency to want to look good in other peoples eyes. Sometimes this leads to little cover ups or little lies to maintain our image. The trouble is that one lie usually leads to another and before long we can have a web of lies surrounding what was nothing more than an embarrassment.
Perhaps casual or work relationships don't require absolute truth all the time in order to maintain relationships but intimate relationships do. If we have to hide ourselves from our significant others through lies then a time could come when we live the lies and end up destroying the trust of the relationship when found out.
Interesting topic and I would like your comments.

2 conversations:

Sandee said...

This is also a difficult subject. I don't think we tell everything to our partners. I know I don't. There are some things that are better off left unsaid. Past things in our lives could hurt them. I also know that I cannot lie to my partner. He would know since we have invested many years into our relationship. I've found with us that we seem to each know the others thoughts without all the conversation. Have a great day Peter. Best regards to Cleo. :)

Peter Haslam said...

I struggle with this too Sandee. I don't think we can be totally honest with anyone but ourselves as no one else has our perspective. Truth really depends on what hat we are wearing at the time. :)