Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lessons and Mistakes

We spend a lot of time and effort constantly reinventing our future. As changes happen we look for and find ways to use that change to go towards our goal or to avoid potential problems. Everyone does it in one form or another.

There is a way to use this talent for reinvention that potentially could have a greater impact on improving our lives. If we can reinvent our future why not also reinvent out past.

If we were to take everything that we consider to be a mistake or those decisions we regret and reframed them as steps towards our goals would it make difference.

I believe it would. We would no longer have a negative connotation on the lessons we needed to learn so as to arrive at our goal. We would lose the fear of making the same mistakes that can end up holding us back.

We would learn to take change and lessons as a natural part of life rather than learning how to avoid making mistakes which quite frankly is impossible to start with.

Your thoughts?

Technorati tags: , , ,

7 conversations:

Sandee said...

Very well said. I don't like making mistakes, but I'm not afraid of making them. If you don't ever make mistakes then you aren't doing anything. I do tend to fret over a mistake forever though. So, change and lessons are a given, but I still fret over a mistake. I'm still working on that one. Have a great evening/night Peter. Hugs to you and the mistress of the house. :)

Peter Haslam said...

none of us like making mistakes sandee :)

Diane Dehler said...

Hi Peter,
Hope all is well with you these days. Soon enough it will be Spring and a difficult winter it has been too.

I would prefer less lessons and more happy serendipity in my life.

Take care

Anonymous said...

Your blog always makes me feel as though it is written for me.
I have traveled across the country to join my family only to find out that I wasn't needed or wanted. I left and went north and have settled in a small town in the Mid Hudson Valley and am, once again, trying to reinvent myself. I know that I have to be happy with myself. I know that I have the ability to make me happy and to be contended with my my life as it is. You keep writing and I'll keep reading. Emily says Hi to Cleo

Peter Haslam said...

princess haiku always great to hear from you and I hope things are well for you :)

Peter Haslam said...

Thank you earlene and emily for joining the conversation. Having a good perspective is a key to living a good life :)

Best Hair Colorists said...

Greeting. Nothing has a stronger influence psychologically on their environment and especially on their children than the unlived life of the parent. I am so happy to come to your blog because I have never seen such discussions fantastic.