Thursday, October 25, 2007

Criticism

We all read about success stories and how those people overcame all kinds of obstacles to achieve it. Their success is documented and the steps clearly laid out so that we can follow in their footsteps. Will it happen that way? Perhaps! But not likely for most of us.

Each persons success story is unique and comes about through their characteristics, their friends, opportunities, and courage. It doesn't mean that we can't follow them just not exactly in their footsteps.

Even if the path to success becomes clear it doesn't mean we can follow, it depends on our strengths, our resolution, our courage, and our skill in swaying others to do our bidding. Success is primarily based on our ability to convince others to share our vision.

That takes passion. Something that most of us don't exhibit because it scares people. They think of the results of failure first and then possibly taking hesitant steps towards it. That just won't cut it. We need to be unafraid of criticism because it will come out of the woodwork when people are afraid of jumping on our bandwagon.

It is better to be criticized for our passion than to be silent in fear of criticism.

Your thoughts?

Technorati tags: , ,

8 conversations:

Sandee said...

Well Peter you already know what I am going to say. Bingo. I never cared what others thought of my passions. If I failed I got back up, dusted myself off and changed course. I never stopped or caved in. You are right, there are differnt paths for each person, not just one blueprint to follow. Very well done. Have a great evening. :)

Peter Haslam said...

Never doubted you for a moment Sandee :)

Diane Dehler said...

Hi Peter,
I stopped by this evening of a beautiful full moon to say hello.

Anonymous said...

I agree, it's easy to close your mind and live "safe". Ideas and websites/blogs are like organisms...they are changing with your ideas/passion. It's very strange when you can be very passionate about something and no one else can see your vision, good post...p.s my vision is under renovation soon ;)

Peter Haslam said...

Princess haiku glad you stopped by :)

Peter Haslam said...

Yes Matthew but passion allows you to carry on regardless of support. That's the beauty of it

Unknown said...

Hi Peter...

At times I have been at both ends of the spectrum! :-)

I appreciate your honest reflection that the "path" to success is not always the same for everyone.

At times I have to shake my head when I hear some stories of success as if one just has to copy a plan to be wealthy!

Like you said... success is really about passion!

Thanks Peter,

Jen

Peter Haslam said...

Yes Jen when we stop being afraid of our passion :)