Friday, September 21, 2007

Our Garden

I like a lot of people had left my garden to grow untended. I allowed stray seeds to drift in on the winds of indecision and lack of understanding and settle in my garden without thought of consequence. There they lay amidst weeds and other seeds to grow if they would without care and nurture unconcerned about the final result.

It slowly dawned on me that the consequence of my lack of concern would be a twisted and snarled result lacking beauty except in isolated pockets through no effort of mine. This forced a new perspective to better manage my life.

A seed is magical as it is full of possibility some good and some bad as determined by how we nurtured it. When we plant a seed such as happiness it has the potentiality to blossom fully or become stunted and malformed into prolonged sadness depending on what care we gave it.

When we don't take time and effort to dig out the weeds they will choke out the life of the seeds we truly want in our lives. As the gardener in charge it is our choice only if we recognize it and decide not only the seeds we want but also to spend the time and effort necessary to grow them to maturity.

Throughout our lives we need to tend our garden carefully rooting out the weeds and dead plants and providing nourishment as needed and appropriate to bring our seeds to luxuriant and vibrant life.

Each garden we see reflects our true self. Does our garden stop visitors to exclaim in wonder or does it cause them to scurry past with downcast eyes.

How does our garden grow?

Your thoughts?

6 conversations:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

with silver bells and cockle shells and one danged petunia!

smiles, bee

Jennifer Jones said...

Hi Peter...

I LOVE this post!

I have a belief that our gardens are a beautiful analogy for life and relationships!

Very nice Peter!

Jen

Peter Haslam said...

Haha like that Bee thanks :0)

Peter Haslam said...

Exactly that Jen :)

Sandee said...

Green and lush. I've always been the master of my ship. Excellent post. :)

Peter Haslam said...

Difficult on the water Sandee :)