Thursday, August 16, 2007

What Are We Waiting For

 We sit patiently waiting for the perfect solution, the right event, the right person or the right time to take a step to accomplish our dream. We can and have waited years for the time to take action and it never comes.

Usually we have determined what we want to have happen and during that process we have evaluated what we fear could happen. We then decide what we have to have happen to eliminate that fear before it comes into existence. We are reacting to fear that does not exist.

When we are passive like that then others determine our future and we will never catch up. There is only one way to start. Do something.

By doing something we are actively creating our future. Each action is like throwing a stone into a still pond. Everything changes. With change new possibilities open up and another stone gets tossed.

In this way we create our future instead of waiting for it.

Your thoughts?

12 conversations:

Sandee said...

Agree, I am the master of my own ship. The sky is the limit. I've had trouble figuring out which way to go at times, but I never stopped and waited. Another good piece of advice Peter. Have a grand evening my friend. :)

Jennifer Jones said...

OK... you are speaking to me! I'm sure of it! ;-)

Thank you for this Peter!

I need to start doing that which I fear...

:-)

Jen

Peter Haslam said...

I am not surprised Sandee that you have it all together

Peter Haslam said...

Me to Jennifer

Earlene said...

Peter, Emily and I made it clear across the beautiful US of A!!! I have faced my fears and got it done. I begin training for a job as a server at a busy restaurant, after being retired 7 years, and at my age! Needless to say, I am proud of me

Derrick Kwa said...

Agree with your post. I think too many people write off their dreams for the sake of "being realistic". Too many people have dreams but don't believe that they can do it, and I think that's why many people seem to be waiting. If you don't truly believe in your dream, you won't see the opportunities, you'll only see the pitfalls.

Peter Haslam said...

Congrats enelrae you should be proud. Good to see your comment

Peter Haslam said...

True words Derrick and at your age who knows what you will accomplish

Anonymous said...

There are times when I waited for a right time to do something so that I can do it perfect, but the right time seemed not to appear. So , I chose not to wait for the right time, and I went ahead and did it but it wasn't perfect, but at least I did it and changed the days ahead. If I kept on waiting, I might not have done it till today.

Ann crum said...

Peter, fear has been a huge factor in my life over the years, but I'm beginning to defeat it. Having said that, TAG! I hope when you get home Monday you'll participate in my middle name meme. Have a great weekend!

Peter Haslam said...

I agree zunnur waiting doesn't often work

Peter Haslam said...

hszoo it has taken a long time for me to learn this lesson to. Will be over to take a look at the meme