Saturday, June 16, 2007

Thanks and Memes



A thank you to Mihaela Lica for his Let me Unleash Your Dreams project and my dream as shown above. I know that Camille and Princess Haiku will enjoy checking it out.

A thank you for a kind Review of Necessary Skills at FameFire Com.

A thank you to the Brown Baron from Brown Thoughts for naming me as one of the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs in 2007.

A regular read Carol from My View of it has tagged me for 8 random facts.

  1. I hate broccoli
  2. I once took a 3 month trip by motorcycle across the States and Canada.
  3. I have had more motorcycles than cars
  4. 1 year I sold over $1,000,000 worth of installed carpet and was #1 salesman for the year for Sears Canada
  5. I have done court appearances for a credit department for collections
  6. I lived in The Village in Toronto during the 60's and once listened to Joan Biaz  live at the Riverboat
  7. I was at the Maple Leaf gardens for the Beatles Toronto stop.
  8. I quit school in Grade 12 and later took my BA at night school.

Mimi from Mimi Writes tagged me for my favorite song when I turned 18 and why. My song was Mr. Tambourine Man by The Byrds and represents my love for folk songs which I still have to this day.

Technorati tags: ,

16 conversations:

Sandee said...

Love your dream... Looks about right to me. I will check out the other links too. Very interesting eight things. I too got my BS in Business Management in night school. Small world isn't it?

I love folk songs too. Well, we are more alike than not. I do like broccoli though. Joan Biaz and the Beatles. I just loved the Beatles.

Very informative post. Have a great weekend my friend. :)

Peter Haslam said...

Thanks Sandee it is a small world

Anonymous said...

Wow Peter - what should I congratulate you on first ? :) Those are some feats and some dreams and some motorbikes and some trips! LOL

Its always a pleasure to read your site... :) thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Your "dream" matches your 8 random things. It's nice to let your readers know you better. When I have more time (I've been pretty busy these days) I'll take a longer walk into your world.

Peter Haslam said...

No more than yours Pearl and congrats on how well you are doing at Blogging to Fame

Peter Haslam said...

Please comment often Mihaela and thanks once again for the dream

Michele said...

Sears Canada hey? Turned down a job there for sales in the furniture/appliance/mattresses as I heard they tend to be quite aggressive in their selling techniques. They called me twice. Ended up with The Brick which in turn was probably more aggressive, I think. Commission based jobs are tough...sigh. Good job Peter, you obviously have what it takes!
I love broccoli, it just doesn't like me... heh.

Peter Haslam said...

Yes Michele it is a grinder and I got out after a few years

Mimi Lenox said...

Mr. Tambourine Man is a great tune, Peter. Thanks for playing the meme. Your dream banner is awesome.

Peter Haslam said...

Yes i like it very much Mimi and my pleasure to play the meme

S. Camille said...

Peter, how do you feel about your dream image? Does it resonate?

Peter Haslam said...

Absolutely Camille a very good representation

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

some interesting facts there peter! thanks for sharing. we learn about each other a little at a time...

smiles, bee

Peter Haslam said...

Got to be a little mysterious Bee to keep it interesting.

Unknown said...

Cool beans sis you see THe FaB FOUR!!!!

all the best harleyblues

Peter Haslam said...

Thanks harleyblues