Thursday, June 7, 2007

Life on InnerTV

We all seem to have an inner life of drama or InnerTV with multiple hi-res screens and Dolby surround sound. Things, events and people happen in our lives and up pops our InnerTV in technicolor complete with an announcer (little devil on our shoulder) with just the right voice to drive our emotions as our story lines unfold complete with commercials.

Screen 1 has Channels 1-23 and are the craving channels for all the things that we like and find pleasant. We like screen 1 and generally keep an eye on the channels as much as possible with an occasional flip to channel XX or the fantasy channel when we want an extra boost. Always new programs coming on all the time. 

On screen 2 are Channels 24-96. They are for the things we don't like and try to avoid looking at but peek at from time to time when nothing good is on the other screen. Screen 2 also shows our drama programs; the poor me and life sucks programs have high ratings due to high viewer interaction.

Screen 3 is for the reality channels and is reserved for all the things that we ignore and unless a special bulletin comes up we don't pay attention to it and just let it drone on in the background.

 Screen 3 will be displaying a beautiful sunset and all we can watch is the chocolate cake program on Screen 1 and we won't rest until we run and get it and then we will watch the guilt channel. Something happens today and we rush to watch the reruns on the hate/anger channel; the one that shows all the people that have wronged us so we won't forget instead of seeing the look of love in someone's eyes on Screen 3.

We need to take over control of the programming on some of the channels and/or create a special channel which features 'A new story line is in progress and under development. Stay tuned for previews'.

What programs do we choose to watch? What programs would we rather watch? What programs do we want to create? 

12 conversations:

Sandee said...

I don't watch TV! Okay, the news, but that's it. I know you are not talking about watching real TV here, but I'm in a silly mood today (that's good by the way).

We are constantly sorting, categorizing and rearranging people and events.

Sometimes we are on cloud nine, and other times we are in the dumps. We are creatures that like our comfort zones, and arrange our lives to feel the least uncomfortable. Slap on those blinders and ignore some great stuff!!!

We need to visit each channel to be a complete, well rounded human being. We will miss much of our lives if we stay on channel 1.

Excellent post Peter. Goes well with yesterday too. You are awesome (that's good). :)

Peter Haslam said...

Thanks Sandee and stayed tuned for bulletins

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sigh... once i saw chocolate cake my mind wandered! sorry... ha ha ha

just kidding. we prioritize as we go through the day (and the life), is that what you are saying? constantly changing what is most important. well, after chocolate cake, that is!

smiles, bee

Peter Haslam said...

Definitely after chocolate cake Bee :)

Diane Dehler said...

Hi, Peter,
I am looking forward to reading your post about why you blog. I enjoyed posting on Dio's first as it enabled me to network in a new system and then after a day or so I co-posted it on my own. I spent considerable time posting it and figured I might as well fly it twice. Perhaps you might want to do the same.

Peter Haslam said...

Thanks Princess Haiku a good thought thank you

Sandee said...

Have a great weekend Peter. :)

cosmicsurfer said...

New Channel...Visions of Divinity

All the Best My Friend !!!******

Peter Haslam said...

You to Sandee and great channel cosmicsurfer

Michele said...

I would like to get rid of screen 2 completely. If they are channels that are things that we don't like and we want to avoid them, then why do we want to peek at them? I don't want to. I would rather just watch channels 1-23, all the nice and plesant channels that make me happy and feel good. Why does Screen 2 exist? Does it even have to? I would like to create programs of positive feelings, learing, education, friendship, fun, and happiness. Not drama and negativity. Yes, I realize that's a perfect world and we'll never see it but that to me would be good InnerTV.
It's a good article Peter. I enjoyed that, it made me think.

Anonymous said...

That is a really good way to look at it. I have those darn channels and wish the bad ones would go away!

Peter Haslam said...

Thanks for joining and adding to the conversation Michele and Cynthia Blue