Thursday, March 1, 2007

Examples of excellence

I read a great post by Kathy Sierra on the blog creating passionate users about learning packages and user interaction. It raises the bar for designers of training packages for any area of self-learning. I know it also has an impact on me to work on improving my engagement with my readers. I know I will need to hold myself to a higher standard which is part of my self-learning.

Examples of excellence are out there and when we come across them it should make us look to our own performance and ask how can I do better; the first requirement of self-learning. Its' easy to dismiss excellence by saying they are experts, have credentials or any other reason that you feel comfortable with, but then, you don't have to grow either.

Most self-learning starts with the question how do I... and I look forward to finding my answer.

What's your question?

Technorati tags: , ,

3 conversations:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of "starts with a question"... it's so true, and something we (learning creators) should pay a lot more attention to. In the wonderful book, "What the best college teachers do", one of the main messages is that a teacher's job is to inspire the student to have a question... a question the student cares about finding an answer to.

I'm so glad you brought this up. I feel a post coming on... ; )

K. Stone said...

my question daily is how to have reconcile my drive to do so many things with the limits of time. I'm constantly reigning myself in to slow down. Hence, my quest for life learning! Nice blog you have here!

carmel real estate said...

With all the problems that we have in this world, probably my question would be "where to start?". But we can start one step at a time and make changes as we learn. They always say that Excellence is not an act but it is a habit, it is true.