Sunday, February 17, 2008

In Control

There is a lesson that takes some of us a long time to learn if ever. We can go through stages where we try to ignore people who can make us angry in an attempt to maintain our own balance in life but always somehow they get under our skin.

We can try to focus on letting others be what they are without judgement but somehow we still end up judging them by our standards. There is that little voice in our head that whispers to us no matter what we try to do.

We can try to blank out our response to whatever we feel is a lack of respect for ourselves by others but then judgement still seeps in to our thoughts.

Perhaps the trick is not to try and ignore or change others but to ensure that their actions do not change us from what we desire ourselves to be. Then we are in control of our life rather than others.

Your thoughts?

Technorati tags: ,

1 conversations:

Sandee said...

So true Peter. This is a tough one though and I don't always succeed. Some people are just too much for me to take and I do everything in my power to avoid them. Very tough one for me. Have a great day my friend. :)