Thursday, January 3, 2008

Absolute Answers

We have a tendency to stop at the first answer to our questions and never revisit the question again. For some things that is valid but more often we are just being lazy.

Perhaps we need to think that our answers to our questions are just placeholders until we find or are shown a better answer. This attitude leaves us open to hearing different viewpoints and answers.

Few things are absolute; such as we all breathe, feel, and die that we need to allow differing opinions than our own. After all we are still discovering new things daily.

Your thoughts?

Technorati tags: ,

7 conversations:

Sandee said...

I agree. I have done this very thing and it's been I'm either too busy, too lazy, or think I just know everything. All those times I was wrong too. Very well said Peter. Have a great evening. :)

Anonymous said...

Some people are also not open to new and 'other possibilities' because their egos come in their way and having to consider other's viewpoint might mean they are less than the other :)

Wishing you a very Happy, Healthy and Successful New Year Peter!

Peter Haslam said...

Ha Ha me too Sandee :)

Peter Haslam said...

Same to you Pearl good to see how well you are doing :)

Samantha & Mom said...

Very true Peter! Very true! It's easiest just to stop at the easiest one and don't go beyond it, but that sometimes isn't always the right one!
We have a Thinking Blogger Award for you and Cleo, because you always make us think. Sometime harder than we want to!!
Your FL furiends,
And Chandra

Peter Haslam said...

thank you chandra and support crew :)

Anonymous said...

And what ideas here can be? Perhaps all is clear, I can tell, that I agree with you completely and I support you, thanks for the useful text))