Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Peace


I don't pretend I know what it would take for peace in the world with so many different factions warring over so many different issues. Is peace even possible seems a more revelent question to ask. Regardless of what our concept of peace I think that at the bottom of it is the desire to create a better life for ourselves, our loved ones, and the need to leave them a better world when we have passed on.
The way things are going I just can't see it happening anytime in the near future and that is about the saddest statement I think I could make about the future. But I have hope and I have a desire to see peace for all. That is my starting point. I can't see it or know how it might happen or when but I have hope.
When we lose hope then the dream is really lost beyond 
redemption so I cling to that hope for myself and mankind and ask that others 
hold that hope alive so that we may create a better future.
The basic starting is our hope that will inspire us to seek ways, compromises, and actions that will eventually turn it into truth.

7 conversations:

Sandee said...

I hate to say it, but I think you are right. It's a shame too. I hope your day is filled with peace my friend. :)

Peter Haslam said...

Thank you Sandee :)

Unknown said...

We can't lose hope!

Exactly!

JJ

Peter Haslam said...

I agree jennifer :)

Mimi Lenox said...

Hope it is. Always hope.
Beautiful post, Peter.

Peter Haslam said...

Thank you Mimi

Annelisa said...

Just come to your peace post, searching in 2011 for this year's posts. Funny, the posts are timeless...it could have been written this year as well as 4 years ago!

Peace and happiness to you and yours x

[your peace post will soon be linked into the patchwork peace quilt on my blog 'Peace Bloggers Unite' ]