Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mental Pointers

The reason I occasionally post about different blogs is to emphasize the need sometimes to get out of our normal viewpoint of the world. The easiest way to do that is by listening to others; (read a post), that we wouldn't normally talk to unless someone pointed them out. Just remember to get out and take a look around as sometimes we need to freshen our senses. So here are some mental pointers.

For Humor:

esofthub's 5 minute management course

Comedy Plus

meloncutter musings

Win some Gummy Bears at The Pisstakers

Always a good read the wanderer living in the Philippines who taught me about blog drive-bys

For info on mobility on the road Digital Nomad

A very interesting concept in Ugo Trade about technology and reaching across the digital divide. Make sure you read the About page.

I am a sucker for pets not sure about weasels at Pam's blog but some interesting reading.

Making friends online from a budding lawyer Legal Andrew

Tammara on pirates and tall ships as I want to sail to Tahiti or maybe the Caribbean

Must Read:

This last one touched my heart from Carol at My View of It it's about a birthday wish for Shane Bernier, aged 7. Shane wants to set a world record for the most number of Birthday cards cards received! His Birthday is May 30th and he has A.L.L. (Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia). Go read then pitch in and help.

12 conversations:

Carol said...

(((Peter))) Not just for mentioning my site but for mentioning Shane. Isn't that just the most poignant wish from such a lovely child?! I hope and pray he gets tons of cards!

Peter Haslam said...

me to carol.

Thea said...

Brilliant Peter. Thank you for passing that forward. Mine will be posted at the Life Wealth blog in a post dated 12 April, plus of course I'll be mailing a card! Namaste, Thea

Peter Haslam said...

Thank you very much Thea

Andrew Flusche said...

Peter,

Thanks a ton for the link! I'm glad you've shared my thoughts with your readers.

Andrew

Peter Haslam said...

They were good points andrew.

Sandee said...

Peter, thanks for the shout-out. Let me work on your request :) Have a house full of family right now.

Peter Haslam said...

Thanks comedy+

Unknown said...

Thanks for the shout-out! Believe me, spend enough time with weasels and they grow on you : ).

Peter Haslam said...

Pam I was reading your posts with Cleo the mistress of the house (my cat) and she made me put in my feeds saying they look interesting. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for calling by and persevering with the pisstakers button. We usually offer more than "fun troubleshooting HTML".

Peter Haslam said...

I enjoy your blog ed