Friday, February 23, 2007

Fear Hides in the Closet



I remember as a child watching a movie called "The Blob" starring Steve McQueen and for a week or two afterwards checking the closet to make sure nothing was there. I even left the light on and no matter what my parents said I wasn't buying it. After a couple of weeks I was finally able to stop checking and leaving the light on. However, for years afterwards I couldn't watch a horror movie without closing my eyes at the scary part or even changing the channel. It wasn't until I was older that I was able to put a label on my fear and deal with it by putting it in its' proper perspective.


Too many times we hesitate to start something new that takes us out of our comfort zone because of the nameless fear that's hiding in our closet. If you have not taken the steps to create the life you want then maybe you need to look in your closet and name the fears that are hiding there.


Once you put a label or labels on your fears then they become something concrete that you can address and remove or manage correctly in order to move forward.


What's hiding in your closet?



Technorati tags: , ,

1 conversations:

pebble beach foreclosures said...

Fear can really take over our lives, sometimes we get too stuck in the past even though we know that it is a mistake because it's familiar. But if we never move on and allow ourselves to accept these changes then we can never expect any improvement.