Monday, June 4, 2007

Blog Drive-Bye and Memes


 I have been tardy in replying to two memes.

The first is from Camille from her NOW blog about 13 facts from my childhood.

  1. Remembering being lost in Birmingham, England when I was 5
  2. Remembering being on the ocean liner coming to Canada and the train trip to Toronto
  3. My dad showing us where we would live in Toronto and finding my first Teddy Bear waiting
  4. The hospital when I had my tonsils out and finally being able to eat all the ice cream I wanted 
  5. Reading Tarzan and swinging on the vines in the Humber valley
  6. Having my first dog Rex and spending the summers running by the river on our adventures
  7. Playing in a deserted Golf Club House with my friends and making it our fort for a summer before they tore it down
  8. Skinny dipping in the Humber before it got too polluted
  9. My first dance where I had 3 left feet and hated girls
  10. Competing in Gymnastics and on the cross-country school team in high school
  11. Camping out with the Boy Scouts and discovering poison ivy
  12. Helping my dad wire up the booths for the Toronto Exhibition
  13. My first motorcycle a 80cc Suzuki and being Evel  Knievel

The second meme is from Theresa from her Sleeping Kitten Dancing Dog about blogs that make me think. As this is the second time for this meme I will modify this to some of the blog drive-byes that I enjoy.

  1. Ed from his The Pisstakers blog always has a humorous slant on the goings on in the blogosphere and believes in community and link sharing as does RT from Untwisted Vortex.
  2. For a bouquet for my senses I often stop by the blog of Princess Haiku and Greg at the Cosmic Surfer
  3. For my humor my daily stops are with Sandee at Comedy Plus and Bee from Muffin53
  4. For discussions on different aspects of life I stop by Jennifer at Goodness Gracious and Pearl at Interesting Observations.
  5. For some fantastic photos check out Thomas at  Photos from northern Norway. My favorite is his shot of the Midnight Sun
  6. Don't forget than June 6, 2007 is the day to display your Peace Globe. If you don't have one you can get it from Mimi at her Mimi Writes. Cleo and I have ours to display on the 6th.

 Technorati tags: ,

12 conversations:

Sandee said...

What a new insight with your first meme. I didn't realize you weren't always in Canada. Good information. So, you hated girls huh?

Thanks for the drive-by. I have lost my backlinks somehow. If you try to open a post for that particular item all you get is a blank page. The address shows, just no post to go with it. Working on it, but yikes, it's been difficult. See you tomorrow.

Peter Haslam said...

I learned to like girls later on Sandee and I have never been the same since. You wouldn't realize from my photo that I am only 27 :)

S. Camille said...

Forts eh? I used to love having forts! And gymnastics! That's great Peter.

Peter Haslam said...

You will have all my secrets Camille :)

Diane Dehler said...

Thanks for the mention, Peter and I enjoyed reading this childhood meme. This is one that I am going to challenge myself to do, soon.

I wanted to thank you for the very perceptive and understanding comments that you leave on my blog. You are a special person.

Warmly,
PH

Peter Haslam said...

You're welcome Princess Haiku and thank you for the compliment

wj said...

hi peter - so nice of you to mention my blog :)

and hey - age is just a number isn't it? :) stay well and stay 27 forever :)

Peter Haslam said...

Thanks Pearl and you're welcome

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

lovely meme peter. and i see you are ready for the globes tomorrow! with that lovely kitty of yours too.

smiles, bee

Peter Haslam said...

Yes Bee as I know you are :)

Joe said...

27? Hehehe, yeah right! And I'm only 16!

You know, I don't remember that much from my own childhood. Perhaps if I sat down to ponder it for some time, some of the memories would come back. I think, though, too many years of doing too many things as an adult has pushed some of the memories into places I'll never be able to pull them out from.

Peter Haslam said...

Funny RT you don't look a day over 15 :)