Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Shane Bernier World Record Wish

It is rare that we have the opportunity to change someone's world. I had posted about Shane earlier today but in thinking about I did not want to have it buried in a listing.

Shane is a 7 year old cancer patient and he has 1 wish for his birthday on May 30 2007. He wants to break the Guinness world record for the most number of birthday cards received.

What a change his world accomplishment it would be. I don't have a large readership of my blog but I do belong to a number of communities. I am hoping that others will pick up on this wish and either blog or pass it on to others.

The story is here.

[UPDATE]

Thanks to Mike at Ordinary Folk you can see a video of Shane.

12 conversations:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. I'll most certainly participate as well as make a post about Shane on my site to help spread the word.

Peter Haslam said...

Thank you mike. It's a great cause

Sandee said...

Peter, I have posted a request to my readers. For you, I would do almost anything :) God bless you!

Peter Haslam said...

Thank you comedy+ its good to make a difference

Anonymous said...

I will write about this on my blog. Thank you for making me aware of this - Now I have to find some amazing cards to send to this kid! Much power to Shane & all of you!h

Peter Haslam said...

Thanks Steli

Anonymous said...

Hey Peter! Thought you might like to check out the Shane related comic I launched my new site with :)

I might even create a little birthday card that folks can download, print and send off to him.

I don't want to intentionally spam my web address, but if you click on my name it'll take you to the new site :)

Mike Crowl said...

I thought this was another version of the Shergold urban legend for a minute,but it looks as young Shane is genuine. Good on him!

Peter Haslam said...

Yes I did some checking first as well Mike just to be sure

monica said...

hi mike I am not sure if you got my first message but I have 903 birthday cards on the way to shane I hope he gets themm before his birthday GOD BLESS Shane with all his courage and know we are from a caring community and his story touched everyones heart in this community. With Love on your birthday and to let you know we share the same birthday. Your friend from Louisiana U.S.A your new friend Monica

Peter Haslam said...

Monica i will let mike know and I am sure Shane will be pleased

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.